Sunday, February 21, 2010

Module 3

What strengths were highlighted in the results of your multiple intelligence test?
Intrapersonal, Interpersonal and Body Kinesthetic were the two dominant intelligence types that I scored highest on.
Personal Cognisance and Physical Agility respectively, would probably be my two most notable strengths as they relate to those categories. I also seem to have an enhanced ability to relate to other which I feel has been a beneficial quality to possess while working in healthcare.

How do you interpret these results?
I feel that these result are really quite accurate. I have completed similar tests in the past which have indicated that I score high with respect to EQ (Emotion Quotient / Intelligence) – which this test reaffirmed. I believe the results that indicate I have a high level of self-awareness which is evidenced by my continued drive to change my personal thoughts, beliefs and behaviors. Through the completion of 3 University Degrees and commencing a fourth being that of my DNP, I would say that the focus of my learning has had a tremendous effect on the development of my EQ. Obviously one could never maintain all the information that they have been exposed to, however I feel that pertinent components of every course has helped contribute to the development of a greater understanding of “the big picture.” This is what leads to the development of one’s EQ.
I believe that Body Kinesthetics is also an accurate descriptor since I am and always have been an athlete. I’ve played a number of sports at a highly competitive level. I also continue to lift weights and have over a 2:1 strength to weight ratio for most large muscle exercises. I believe that physical strength enhances one’s mental strength and vice versa. In order to for me to develop a true overall confidence in my abilities, I’ve needed to direct my energies in both Physical and Intellectual activities. I have always been very goal directed and task oriented which supports components of the intelligence type in that the building process is cumulative and that each step leads to the development of the next.
Interpersonal Intelligence type is also a definite quality I possess. I believe that my broad range of personal experiences and occupations allows me a greater ability to relate to a broader range of people. In chronological order I’ve worked in a grocery store, meat cutter, farmer, truck driver, mechanic, welder, tire shop, which were all part of our family business. In healthcare I’ve worked as a Hospital Supervisor, Psych RN, ECT – technician and Supervisor, Program Developer, Utilization management, Staff Development, ICU RN, Director of Nursing and Executive Director / CEO.

What technologies might you incorporate to augment your personal learning based on these results?
Richardson identified that students need to focus on developing their non dominant learning styles instead of relying on styles in which they demonstrate the most strength. This will allow them enhanced ability to adapt during those times in which they are required to utilize non-dominant styles. The two areas in which I scored lower on with regards to the Multiple Intelligence Test were Linguistic Intelligence, Mathematical and Musical.
To increase Linguistic Intelligence – I think that engaging in Distance Education would be one method to increase written interpretation. I think that the high level of reciprocal action involved in this style of technological learning could greatly enhance my learning style as well. The reduced travel time would allow more time for to focus on retention of learned materials.
E-learning may provide an opportunity to enhance analytical skills due to the ability to utilize streaming video, allowing me to pause, rewind and review the material enhancing the ability to mentally process material that requires extra concentration or review in order to assimilate it. I think that this style of learning would be best to promote deficiencies in logical / mathematical as well as musical learning due to the ability to develop an awareness and appreciation through the use of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment